Wednesday 18 June 2008

Exciting news


Last week I travelled up to Cardiff to present my work for selection at Craft in the Bay, having already passed the first stage. First of all I have to say I travelled up on the train, the first time for a few years since I left London and it was actually quite a pleasant experience, and with rising fuel costs, wasn't even any more expensive that driving. Isn't that the way it should be! Having lived in London for a number of years I'm a fan of public transport but since moving back to Pembrokeshire always found it really expensive to get anywhere unless you've booked weeks in advance for the super saver.

Anyway, never mind that... I'm quite excited to have had a letter from the selectors today to tell me I've been accepted and to say amongst other things 'they felt the bags show a distinctive design style'... praise indeed!

I'd managed to convince myself that I wasn't going to be accepted as they already have two other leather bag makers... so mine is a very different style (which I always knew all along, but being a 'creative type' and a total perfectionist I'm never 100% happy with what I've done and could always have done a better job, even though all my customers so far have been delighted with their bags) and I'm really pleased.

Setting up Coterie last year meant my own work took a bit of a back seat for a while, but with the gallery running itself a bit more now I'm able to concentrate more on the bags. It just means I have to pull my finger out and get making more!

No comments: