Wednesday 25 June 2008

Role Model


Yesterday I went back to my old school to give a talk on setting up and running my own business. It's part of a Welsh Assembly Government initiative to promote entrepreneurship in young people. At the beginnning I always ask how many of them feel they have what it takes to be an entrepreneur and usually get very little response so it's great to see that after doing a workshop with them more than half change their minds and think it's something they could do in the future. I do a group exercise where they think of a business idea, think of a name and how they're going to market it and they love it! Even the ones that are determined to not participate get quite excited about making up their own business. It takes just an hour out of my week and the feedback is great.
Back to the gallery and I've just ordered a load of leather so I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can start on some more bags.

No comments: